Commission Terms of Service
[Pricing] [Gallery] [Commission Form]
Personal Commission Terms of Service
Before Art Starts!
- After a Commission Form is received, I’ll look over your info and may ask additional questions for your idea via email.
- Once we discuss the idea and I agree to work on it, I’ll send a commission price quote via email. If the client concedes to the price then we’ll move on to payment. Do not send payment before I agree to work on it.
- After we come to an agreement on subject, price, and payment plan, I’ll send you a Paypal invoice to your email, for you to pay through. It’s very simple!
- Full payment is expected upfront, before work on commission starts. Commissions over $100 may be into split payments of half-now, half-before-color.
- After payment is received, I’ll keep in touch with you via e-mail on your commission progress. The three main stages are sketch, ink, and color. Each stage will need approval from the commissioner before moving on, so check your email often!
- Sketch, Ink’d, and Classic Color commissions take about a week to a month to complete. Fancy Color commissions take about over a month to complete. Time may also vary depending on queue. If you need a commission done by a particular time, please let me know!
- Note: Base tier prices are guidelines so your quote may differ depending on complexity.
The Art Process
- The first stage is sketch. This is the time to make known any drastic changes that are needed. More complicated commissions may have multiple sketch updates.
- The second stage is ink. At this point the pose is locked down and drastic changes will incur additional charge. But, small details fixes may be done without additional charge.
- The third stage is shading/color. Commission is essentially done and only small touch-ups can be done now.
- Of course, for sketch tier the only stage is sketch, and for ink tier the only stages are sketch and ink.
- Once the final approval is received from the client, I’ll send a high-res PNG and a web format PNG and the commission is complete.
After Art’s Done!
- Commissions are for personal use only. This means no making of profit of the art in any form, e.g. selling merchandise made from the high-res JPEG file or use in a commercial/brand. However, the art may be used for your icon, social media themes, non-profit website layouts, etc. Credit is appreciated and please do not claim to have created the art yourself.
- Likewise, I also retain the right to post the finished commission on my personal websites, blogs, or galleries. However, I will not create merchandise from the commissioned artwork.
- Please do not alter or have other artists alter the artwork during or after the commission process. e.g. redrawing features. Any reasonable desired changes should be discussed with me first.
- Cropping or resizing the artwork to fit icon or web banner sizes is allowed.
- If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask me via email :> DragonBeak@hotmail.com